Kafka on the Shore

Kafka on the Shore - Philip Gabriel, Haruki Murakami Start brilliantly,15 year old boy and a boy called Crow are preparing to run away from home.
Somewhere along the way story gets philosophical, existentialist characteristics, with a significant and strong underlying story of sexual desires which again leans on ancient Greek tragedies.

So there's juggling between modern day world and oldest primal feelings known to man which among other things in first place served as a source of inspiration for the above mentioned Greek tragedies, which than served as an inspiration to Murakami. Which leads you of reading them again :)

Other books also get mentioned along the way Tales of Moonlight and Rain among others, Kafka's In the Penal Colony, Arabian Nights, T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Man...and they all influence young Kafka ...same as they should influence you... or at least provoke something in you

It's brilliant in so many aspects that I can't really express what's missing. And I am missing something...can't really put it in words... I think I would like couple hundred more pages to deepen and further develop story ... or better yet ...OMGGG I just thought of it - MISTER MURAKAMI HOW ABOUT MAKING A SEQUEL ?

My recommendations, to teens, adults, elderly i cannot make a age group compatible to this book cause everyone of them can connec to something in it, and everyone will like different parts of it.
But I can say it's not for the impatient ones. Murakami isn't a fast reading material, you'll omit a lot of things if you storm through all of it.

My exact grade would be 4.4-4.5